February 28, 2008

Momma and Baby vs. Hanger

I'm walking through a store with our 2 day old baby in a front carrier on me. The aisles are narrow and I'm walking through a clothing section. I step on a plastic hanger and it slides across the slick floor, making me lose my balance and narrowly escaping severely hurting both myself and our son. As I am still sweating bullets and on the verge of crying since I was so close to hurting our baby my four year old calmly says, "wow, good thing you didn't break the hanger." Yes, that was the first thing on her mind- and the farthest thing from mine!

1 comment:

The Summerfields said...

Oh my goodness that could have been bad huh? Kids are funny as always huh?

I remember those keen instincts of newborn protection emotions.....those are scarey moments though because your mind does all the what if's and it is scarey!

Now I know WHO on earth would go to Walmart by herseflf with a 2 day old baby AND other children to boot?