Sunday Liv got selected to do the mystery box at church. This is a decorated shoe box with a sock attached to the top of it. Each Sunday a child gets the box and has to put something inside of it that reminds them of God. Olivia chose a candle. Next week she will select another child to reach inside the sock, feel, and guess what it is. Then Liv shows them what it was and explains why it reminds her of God. She chose the candle all on her own and said it was because when she sees it lit it reminds her how God lights up her life and her spirit. I thought that was very sweet of her. She is excited to take it back to church next week.
Monday we finished our school year! We are officially on summer break until late July when we begin our 08'-09' school year.
Tuesday was testing day. This was a benchmark year for our third grader. We are so proud of her! To celebrate we had our tropical party. I posted on this earlier in the week so for more fun pictures see below.
Wednesday we received our second batch of chicken eggs to hatch. We got eight bantams this time. So we set them out for them to adjust to room temperature. Then we marked them so it will be easier to remember which side they were on while we turn them. And finally we placed them in the incubator. Hopefully in 21 days we will have some cute chicks to show for it. The girls are notebooking the process this time and are excited about it. Their lucky grandparents have 18 chickens from our love of hatching and thankfully they didn't mind having more if these hatch! How lucky we are to have them. :)
Thursday we spent time reading a Boxcar Children's book and then we headed to the park.
Friday was box day!!! We received our Rainbow Resource order. They are my favorite place to order from. Here we are just finishing up this year and I am already receiving orders for next year. Can you tell I am a curriculum junkie? I love it!




2 comments:
Congratulations on completing a great year! I just love box day!
The Mystery Box sounds like a really good idea!
Glad your week went well.
Post a Comment