It's that glorious time again, time to cook! I spent yesterday laying out the recipe plan and doing the shopping. Today was the cooking day. It took me 9 hours to complete 34 meals, 30 breakfasts, and numerous desserts. This was one of the largest cooking sessions I have done and took the longest. The good thing is that we will eat good for a while and it will take minimal effort on my part to throw together great family dinners. So below is my list of what I made.Chicken Dishes:
Chicken Parmesean
Chicken Tetrazzini
Chicken Firecrackers
Chicken Enchiladas- my own recipe
Beef Dishes:
Shepherd's Pie
Lazy Lasagna- quick version of lasagna
Beef Stroganoff
Western Casserole
Bacon Cheddar Meatloaf
Taco Soup
Precooked 5lbs of taco meat and 5lbs. of hamburger to add to other dishes as we need them.
Breakfast:
Waffles
French Toast
Breakfast Burritos
Coffee Cake
Sides:
Seasoned Red Potatoes
Dinner Rolls
Desserts:
Oatmeal Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Snickerdoodles
Peanutbutter Cookies
Apple Pies
Cherry Cobblers
Now I can sit back and enjoy dinner time without fretting over that infamous question, "what's for dinner?"
6 comments:
Did you cook the meat?
Wow! What a lot of work and a great job! I did some of that a few times and thought on cooking day that it was too much work but I did enjoy just taking things out of the freezer later! Then I thought I might do it again.
It'll make doing what you have to do easier- knowing things are taken care of. If you know what I mean.
I basically do it in stages. The first is the planning and shopping. The second is the prep work. I cook all the meat, grate cheeses, chop veggies, etc. Then it is basically an assembly line and cooking. Several of them I freeze and cook when we are ready to eat them. It is a lot of work but I'm not one to want to cook daily. So I do OAMC every other month. So that makes it Every Other Month Cooking, EOMC, :o) As long as we don't use everything up then we end up with quite the variety and it's especially convenient for times like later this month, when I'm busy with other things and won't be as apt to cook.
I want to find a good recipe swap so I can try new recipes. They are easy to find online but I like hearing first hand experience of how they taste. There's nothing like having 3-6 meals of something nobody liked, lol.
Sounds delicious Lindsey!! Now you can relax and enjoy all your hard work. :)
Wow! I haven't done this in a long time...but now I'm inspired! :) Can you tell me how you do your potatoes without making them turn out black and mushy after they've thawed?
Lindsey,
You have got me thinking about this. I really like this. I have been looking online and have collected recipes and I think I will be doing some cooking this weekend. Hopefully this will help our week be less hectic. Thanks
Rhonda,
If you decide to make some let me know how it goes. I'd love to find some more great recipes too so feel free to share what you find!
Post a Comment