January 2, 2009

Sculpey Crafts

What to do on yet another snow day? We decided to open up and explore the Sculpey kits we bought for the kids for Christmas. We have Clay Critter Magnets, Clay Babies, and Clay Erasers kits.
Between the three kits and five people it took half the day to do these. It was fun to create the critters, bake, and then paint them. I liked that they came with great instructions for 8-10 projects in each box. We followed some of the package ideas and then branched out and made some of our own creations as well.
Some of them turned into necklaces, jewelry, pins, magnets or erasers and the kits came with everything needed. The only caution I would give is that the clay eats away finishes so protect your finished table and nail polish!
If you are looking for a fun, creative project to entertain the kids for hours this is it. For the relatively inexpensive price on them I think it was well worth it. Now I get to enjoy picking up clay critters from all over the house for months to come!

No comments: