June 27, 2011


Birthday Wishes
Some families celebrate birthdays with huge parties full of action packed chaos and children running wildly. We prefer small family only parties. Then one year one of our daughters said for her wish she wanted two dates, one with her mom and one with her dad. And from that a new tradition was born.

I get the birthday girl for the day. We do lunch, go shopping, hang out and giggle until it hurts. Then as sad as I am to end my part in their big day we head home. Now it is daddy's turn.

I help get our princess dolled up for her date with dad. And off they go for an evening out. This way we both get to show and tell them, one on one, just how much we love them and what they mean to us.

I hope this tradition continues forever as I cherish these memories. I don't want to ever forget the fun of seeing them getting haircuts at salons, nails done, and picking out the most beautiful dress they have ever seen. The sweet conversations over lunch and giggles while eating ice cream. And I especially don't want to forget the excitement and anticipation they have for their date with their dad, just as he equally anticipates being their Prince Charming for the evening. Nothing can compare to the love a girl has for her dad...he really can hang the moon in their eyes.

No comments: