My doctor has asked me for the past few weeks if I had my hospital bag packed and ready to go for when I go into labor. I decided a few days ago that I should get going on it- mostly because I was tired of the doctor harping on me to get it done each week. So I packed my necessities and set the bag by my bedroom door.
The camera battery was charging at the time I packed it so I didn't add that to the bag. It just finished charging so I unzipped the bag to put the camera in there. And what did I find? My two year old, who watched so carefully as I packed the bag that first day, had decided to make some changes. If I were to have gone into labor in the past few days, picked up that bag, and toted it to the hospital I would have had quite the surprise upon unzipping it. I would have found: three doll babies wearing our newborn babies diapers and going home clothes, a pair of size 2T pajamas, her housecoat, some of her diapers (yes my two year old is not potty trained yet), a couple of nursery rhyme books, and her baby blanket. Apparently she had taken good note on what I had packed for myself, removed the items, and replaced them with her items for staying overnight.
I called her into my room and asked where mommy's things were and got the response, "I'll show you". She guided me to her bedroom closet where I found my clothing and other belongings from the bag stuffed in the corner.
The bag was almost cute enough for me to leave it for her "going to grandma's" bag and me to pack another one. Unfortunately it is my only nice luggage so it has to go with me. We unpacked her stuff putting it into her backpack and repacked mine. I think I will periodically check to make sure that when I arrive at the hospital I won't be lugging baby dolls and size 2 clothing with me!
1 comment:
That's really cute.
Makes you wonder what she was thinking...
Yes, do keep an eye on that bag! You don't know what could end up in there next!
Post a Comment