
Can you tell fashion is on their minds as they work? This is the kids favorite job to do, mow the lawn. Years ago we had a manual lawn mower and I despised it. Then we got a gas mower and I realized that I despised it more. It took me five years to finally find another manual mower that I liked and here it is! The benefits to them are that they don't require gas or have cords to drag around, they are light, environmentally friendly, children can use them, excellent source of exercise and yes they do cut just as good!
Here is my family planting the first of two trees this year. When we purchased this house there were over 30 trees on the property. We removed all but some lilacs since they were the only trees to be planted in a reasonable location. The rest were planted a foot from the fence line all the way around. I can only imagine the damage they would have caused the fence if they were to have been left to mature. Or worst yet the damage they would have caused neighboring houses in a big wind storm. So we are trying to be more cautious than the previous owners when planting our trees.
We are also in the process of building a front porch on the house so I will post pics of that soon!
4 comments:
I think having a push mower sounds really great right about now.....I can't seem to get my DH to change that oil or sharpen the blade that he isists be done before we mow.....pretty soon I will have to skip the mower and hire a baler! LOL
I can't wait to see your trees when they are all leafed out and the process on the porch. You give me hope mine might someday be finished!
I hope it goes fast enough that we can post updates soon. I will be excited to get atleast the decking done! I'll post pics as soon as we get some more physically obvious progress done. It wouldn't be very fun to see siding torn off and dirt dug up. lol.
You sound so ambitious. After we had kids (and yes, our oldest is almost 8) we stopped doing much of anything! LOL! As I often say, we are easily overwhelmed with life.
When we first moved here it took DH about 10 hours to mow what needed to be mowed with a gas powered push mower. He went right out and bought a riding mower with the biggest deck he could find. We've reduced the amount of grass we have to mow now because of the shop but it still takes a bit to get done.
My yard doesn't even compare in size to yours Charlyn so I wouldn't want to use a push mower in your yard either! I have never been a fan of grass so I try to keep the mowable areas to a minimum and that allows me to use a push mower, lol. If you ever want to try a push mower on your huge yard let me know so I can come laugh, I mean watch. :o)
Post a Comment