July 8, 2008

Wordless Wednesday July 9th- Iraq










9 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool photos. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Lisa~ said...

Wow! I love that first picture! The dark sky makes it look so dramatic! Thanks for sharing!

Meliss said...

I especially like the first picture too! Thanks for sharing these.

MARGARETE said...

Thank you very much for sharing these photos. The young boy looks so happy...there isn't any fear on his face. Also, the homes are "primative" but you can see all the satellites in the background. Very interesting. Thanks again.
Margarete

Lindsey said...

I think that was what stood out the most to me too, how primitive the homes were and yet if you click the picture to view it larger you can see all the satellites- so clearly they aren't that primitive.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! I love the picture with the arches. Did you take these?

Lindsey said...

No, I didn't take the pictures. I have a friend that took these while deployed and sent them to me. It is interesting to get a glimpse into what it is like there, aside from what we see on the news with the war. Along with sending numerous photos I also received a couple videos that are pretty interesting.

A family of boys said...

Wow. It's such a different world there from all the luxuries we have here.

Thans for sharing the pics.

starlashine said...

Desolation and beauty. Very nice pictures.