I'm quietly feeding the baby as my daughter comes in and asks me to fix her cereal. I explain in a minute I can. She wants to do it herself which suited me just fine so I agree. She fixes her cereal. I finish feeding the baby. I walk into the kitchen bare footed and feel sugar under my feet. I explain to my daughter that accidents do happen but it is important to always clean up after ourselves. She grabs a broom and starts sweeping. I pour cereal into my bowl. I add milk. I start to pour some sugar.......and the lid falls off into my bowl dumping a ton of sugar in it. I ask my daughter why this happened and hear that "her thumbs accidentally kept turning the lid until it came off" and then she couldn't get it back on. I spoon off the excess sugar to the best of my ability. I turn and start to walk out of the kitchen as I take my first big, full, heaping spoon full of cereal. IT WAS SALT!!!! Darling daughter had used the last of the sugar on her cereal and thought she would be in trouble so she took the time to refill the shaker for me, only she can't read so what looked like sugar was really salt. Two things gleaned from this experience: 1.) Don't take huge heaping bites of anything! and 2.) Teach her to read.
3 comments:
How funny! Yes, they are both white, grainy and start with "S"- how can they be that different.
Yes, learning to read might be a good thing. As with my 5 year old and learning her numbers so she can work the microwave. :-)
I like the new blog design too!
Ha! I never thought about the numbers on the microwave. Isn't it funny how simple things skip past us in our teaching. We are out for the big things and forget the small necessities.
Oh how sweet and innocent. I love it when they think they will be in trouble and try to fix it themselves. They try so hard and then find out that they were just a little off. What a sweet little thing.
Post a Comment