We recently took a trip to Seattle. While the main reason for the visit wasn't sight seeing we thought we would take advantage of the opportunity and see what the city had to offer. We spent some time on the bay and walking through Pike's Market. Below is a picture of the girls with Pike's Pig. It's a huge piggy bank. We took two photos, this one that they are looking at me and the second one, not posted, that my youngest was more interested in some features on the under side of the pig. Why everything has to be anatomically correct is beyond me..sheesh!
While walking through the market the kids wanted to see the tallest man's shoes. Isn't it amazing what you can find displays on. I think my feet are pretty big, considering I am 5'10", and they haven't found their way into a museum yet. I'll keep waiting for the call asking for my best pair. I have to admit the whimsy of old time amusements still gets me. So insert a quarter and enjoy looking at the shoes.
Next, we found ourselves intrigued by the Madame so-and-so that was "guaranteed" to tell us a fortune. Two of the girls thought this was funny and one cried and wanted to go home. She spit out a card letting us know our lucky numbers and that good fortune would come to us. We hope she is right and thought about buying a lottery ticket based on her numbers. In the end we decided to buy lunch instead.
I wanted to take photographs of the men throwing the fish around the market but they were too quick and I wasn't paying close enough attention to when they were doing it. Apparently the yelling didn't tip me off enough.The girls decided we couldn't leave the market without getting a penny stamped with Pike's Pig on it.
After all that walking the girls were ready to find a shady spot to rest. Looks like they found it.
1 comment:
This looks like fun too!
Funny about the pig.
I'm exhausted just looking at the photos of all you did! Was that just in one day? You young folks have such energy. :-)
Post a Comment