November 30, 2008

One Week

I Survived One Week!

I honestly wasn't sure I could handle it, but I survived the first week. I have several more weeks ahead of me but this was the big one. If I can handle this then I ought to be able to handle the rest!

During my first week our little guy decided to throw an additional challenge in for me. He started to crawl, and quickly. When I thought I had a grip on it he decided to pull himself up on the furniture and try climbing the stairs. I'm still dealing with this change. At this time he is much faster than I to get around. The race is on! Thank goodness for my other little helpers.

I posted pics of my huge foot and pinned piggies below (they aren't very graphic). Why you might ask would I post pics of this? It's like battle wounds, you have to share the stories and scars, lol. Actually I want to see the difference in a week, month, and year. So our homeschooling/life digital journal has also just became my recovery journal.

If you care to not see them then don't scroll down and tune in later for the craft projects we have done to entertain ourselves during our down time. I'll post them soon. Have a great Monday tomorrow!


Do you like the little balls? I was considering drawing happy faces on them. Maybe the international NO sign is more appropriate to keep kids away from them? What do you think?

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Bless your heart!! Yes, I scrolled down to see the picture-if you can live with it, then I can look at it! I can't imagine how hard this past week has been for you.

About Galloping the Globe: We've really enjoyed using it. I think it cost around $20 and I think it is well worth it to have the lesson plans and such. There are always extra books listed that can be checked out from the library. I do think you would need to buy a childrens atlas if you don't already have one and it has really helped me to have Missionary Stories with the Millers and Children Just Like Me. You need those pretty often. If you think of any other questions about GTG, let me know! :)
I have enjoyed your Christmas music too! :)
Take care-I'm praying for you.
~Blessings,
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

But what a beautiful shade of red on those piggies!
I've been praying for you and glad you are past the rough first week.

Paige said...

Ouch, that doesn't look like fun! Glad to hear you survived and hope that things get easier.