We celebrated Thanksgiving with family by eating a delicious meal and playing a good old fashioned game of bingo. I missed being able to help cook this year so I filled my time by doing crafts with the kids.
We made the traditional paper plate turkey, a couple of handprint turkeys, and some drawings. These weren't my favorite this year though, my favorite were the place marker turkeys(I posted a pic above). I can't take any credit for the idea as they were a kit from Target I picked up earlier in the year. They were so fun to create and I think they turned out perfect. They came with a keepsake holder so we can store them to use again next year.
Thanksgiving is now over. I went to sleep Thursday night and woke up Friday morning to our neighbors having their home fully decorated with lights, blow up characters, outdoor music, and the whole works. They are always the first to bring the joy of the season to our neighborhood. Looking out the window and seeing their house reminds me that I should go remove the gourds and Indian corn from the front porch. What happened to a time period between holidays? We go from Halloween, to Thanksgiving, to Christmas without any breaks in between. Ready, set, here we go to the Christmas season!
We made the traditional paper plate turkey, a couple of handprint turkeys, and some drawings. These weren't my favorite this year though, my favorite were the place marker turkeys(I posted a pic above). I can't take any credit for the idea as they were a kit from Target I picked up earlier in the year. They were so fun to create and I think they turned out perfect. They came with a keepsake holder so we can store them to use again next year.
Thanksgiving is now over. I went to sleep Thursday night and woke up Friday morning to our neighbors having their home fully decorated with lights, blow up characters, outdoor music, and the whole works. They are always the first to bring the joy of the season to our neighborhood. Looking out the window and seeing their house reminds me that I should go remove the gourds and Indian corn from the front porch. What happened to a time period between holidays? We go from Halloween, to Thanksgiving, to Christmas without any breaks in between. Ready, set, here we go to the Christmas season!
2 comments:
The placecard holders are so cute! And there is nothing wrong with craft kits-sometimes that is a great thing to have! :)
I know what you mean about no break in between the holidays.
I hope you're doing well today. You're in my prayers.
The place cards are definitely a keepsake! Great job on keeping busy while you heal!
Post a Comment