December 3, 2008

Week 1 Foot Update

Week 1 Foot Update
I had my week 1 post-op appointment and they took xrays. Here are photos of them. I have one screw in the heel, an implant in the ankle, two screws on the side and three toes pinned. I am getting close to having a bionic foot. The kids were amazed to see it. It's one thing to describe to them and another to see what's inside.


Those pins are huge and they don't stick out of my toes very far so that's all inside them!

Now for the good news (read that with extreme sarcasm). Something in these xrays isn't right. The doctor left a space when he re-attached my heel and the screw tip is rubbing on a joint which will wear it down and cause future problems and pain. So I received a phone call telling me about what they found and that I need to be back at the hospital in a couple days to undergo another surgery to correct the problems. We get to go through week 1 all over again! Our youngest daughter had this thing when she was 2. If something didn't go right she would stop, turn in a circle and start over again. Like turning in a circle erased everything so she could start with a clean slate. I feel like I need to turn in a circle and we are starting over.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh, my, bless your heart!!!!
I can only imagine your frustration. I'll keep praying for you Lindsey!

Anonymous said...

How distressing! You've been in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Wow - amazing to see, and I'm so sorry you have to go through it again. Hang in there!

Bootcamp Burners said...

Oh I am so sorry you have to do it again! I don't know what it is like to be in your place, but I used to take care of people when they had this done. I used to work for an orthopedic surgeon. I will pray you heal fast!