December 21, 2008

Nature Drive

Nature Drive

I've been home bound with the exception of doctor appointments for the past few weeks and was getting anxious to see some of this spectacular snow we are having. My husband, as terrific as he is, planned for us to get out.

We decided on a country drive out to an old abandoned school house that I like. I find it sad that the land owners haven't taken any measures to try to maintain this building. It's merely a matter of time until it collapses.



On our way to the school house we seen several herds of deer. They are in rut so it's a good time to take pictures. They don't have the fear of people with specific other things on their minds, lol. We took several pictures of them close to the road, much closer than this photo, but unfortunately for us they were a little blurry. Blame it on inexperienced photography. If you click the picture the deer should be more visable.



Here is a hen pheasant. We prefer to watch the roosters with their bright tail feathers but they were too quick for us. This was the only one willing to stick around. =)










I have always liked these "NO HUNT" signs. My husband has joked that he would take the tires off the fence and put them on my suburban. Then I can drive around with "NO HUNT" spinning around on my tires. I'm glad he is only joking- I like them on the fence not on my car.









Here is our reservoir frozen over. It was pretty to see covered in snow with the tips of trees poking out.












The majestic hawk. He was originally on the "NO HUNT" tire and I thought it was a good depiction of the farmers point. He moved before I snapped the photo but I caught him down the road.







And finally, I found this snowman in someone's yard. Hope they didn't think I was crazy stopping to take a picture. I have seen many of the blow up snowmen but none carrying a gun.

So now I am back home and awaiting my next outing. On Christmas Eve I am promised a tour of Christmas lights. Until then I will enjoy the view of all that glorious snow through the window from the comfort of our chaise lounge.


A friend told me something that I can't help but think of each time I see it snowing. "Snow is proof that all good and wonderful things come from above. How great He is." I liked his saying.

4 comments:

Paige said...

Glad to read that you were able to get out and about. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Rhonda said...

What lovely pictures!
Lindsey, I am thinking of you and still praying for you. I'm so glad you got to get out for a drive. This is the perfect time of the year for a nature drive! :)

Unknown said...

What great pictures...I'm inspired! Jamie promised us a family ride out toward Walla Walla this coming weekend...with a little stop at JoAnn's fabric! I think I'll bring my camera along!

Have a Merry Christmas...I miss seeing you! :)

Anonymous said...

I recognize some of those places. But not the school- I'll have to find out where that one is! Great shots, Linds! Glad you got to get out. Enjoy the Christmas lights on Christmas Eve!