Our story begins.
Nine years ago I was rocking my 2 month old daughter to sleep looking out the front window when a blue Chevelle showed up in the driveway. Out stepped a man right out of my dreams. He was tall, slender, and had blonde hair and gorgeous blue eyes. He was wearing a white t-shirt and faded blue jeans. He was hot!
He was also my brothers friend that up until this point I hadn't met. He came inside and we chatted for awhile. I was sad to see him go, but then I had a child and wasn't in any position to be drooling over some guy.
Apparently I made an impression on him as well. He called me to see if I would go to dinner. I declined explaining that I had a daughter. And this was the moment that caught my heart and still makes me weak in the knees. He simply said, "she has to eat too, I'll pick both of you girls up." And that is how it all started. From that moment on we were nearly inseperable.
Nine years later we are still just as in love as we were in the beginning. It is hard to imagine all that we have done in nine years. We dated, married, he adopted our daughter, we had two more girls, we have bought a house, sold a house, and boughten another. And through it all I have no regrets. I think I was blessed with one of the best husbands and I know he is one of the greatest dads that I have ever seen. He loves those girls with every ounce of his being and it shows in everything he does. He is nothing shy of amazing and without a doubt my best friend and hero!
No comments:
Post a Comment