February 4, 2008

A'Muse Me Monday

I decided to participate in something that sounds like fun and will get my brain flowing, or so we hope! It's A'Muse Me Monday, where on another blog (you can find a link on the side bar) they post a fact or fiction prompt. You complete the prompt and then link to your blog (using Mister Linky on their site) where you posted it. Others can then read the completed prompts on A'Muse Me Monday's site.

So here is my first A'Muse Me Monday entry.

Fact (completed by mom): What’s your favorite way to relax?

I do things a little backwards from most. I find my time to relax in the morning, instead of at night when I need it the most. This could be because only in the mornings, and very early mornings at that, do I find myself alone and capable of relaxing. I grab a cup of coffee and sit down at my kitchen table to read the Bible and reflect on what I have read. It is quiet enough that I can hear my own thoughts and feel close to God. This prepares me for what is to come: a day that is sure to be filled with craziness!

Fiction (completed by 8 yr. old):I’m going to write a small part of a story and you have to fill in the blanks!

Here you go:
Emily strolled down the street enjoying the sunshine. The smell of cake wafted out from a nearby bakery and her tummy rumbled reminding her she hadn’t eaten for a couple of hours. She turned to walk into the little shop when a song rang out. She yanked her cell phone out of her pocket.
“Hey, Rebecca , did you get the gift?”
“Who’s this?” A man’s voice growled over the line causing the hairs to rise on the nape of her neck.
“Uh, it’s, uh, me.” She glanced at her phone displaying Rebecca's goofy grin. It was her phone, but who had it? “Is Rebecca there?”
Rebecca? No, she’s been detained. This is Officer George. We need to talk to you, Emily. Can you stay where you are?”
She glanced around. She couldn’t help feeling like someone was watching her. “Why don’t I come down to the station?”
“No, we’re almost to your location. Stay put!” The voice barked at her and the line went dead.
It didn’t make sense. The whole thing felt off. Should she wait?
Emily decided to wait there. She noticed Rebecca walking towards her. Rebecca said, "Did I surprise you?" Emily forgot it was her birthday. Rebecca bought a cake from the bakery and took Emily on a picnic. Then she told Emily the whole story, that it was her dad who called her on the phone and said he was Officer George. They both laughed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy!
Thanks for playing.
Love the story.

Anonymous said...

I love the quiet of the morning before everyone else wakes up. I'm working my way to waking earlier. :)

Great story, O! You made me giggle at the end. :)

Thanks for playing. Hopefully, we will have some more players soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Thanks a ton for playing. :) I like to read my Bible in the morning as well. :)

That was a good story. Loved the ending. :)
Talk to ya later!