

Last week we had a little bit of a snowfall and we decided to take a no school day and enjoy some sledding fun at my parents' house. First, no, we were NOT using that wagon in the first pic to ride down the hill. It was our bench. I do have to admit one year we pulled the kids to the cemetary in it (I'll explain why we are regulars at the cemetary another day) and my mom had this brainiac idea to use it as a skateboard for 2 adults and 3 children. Yes we climbed inside, pushed off, and crashed horribly at the bottom. It's life as a wagon ended that day.
Our sledding day proved to be loaded with fun and laughs. Did I mention laughs? The best crash award went to my mom. She was on a tube, got out of control, jumped out of the sled run and ran over Grace as she was ascending the hill with her sled. She not only plowed Grace's face into the snow, but somehow managed to swoop her up and so Grace, Grace's sled, and mom all headed down the hill out of control on the tube. By the time the sled stopped my mom lost a shoe, Grace lost her hat and gloves, and they both had some scrapes. They were ready to go again so no major harm was done. I only wish that would have been on video!
The best bad advice of the day award went to my dad. He thought that the older two girls should start the tube to the far left of the run, thinking it would go faster. Instead they also shot off the sled run, went through the garden area (atleast they won't have to knock down dead veggies come spring) and into a fence. Not good advice grandpa!
The worst idea award went to my brother: He thought he would dive onto the tube face first to give it "extra speed", and boy did it. It gave him extra speed to flip the tube and plow his face into the snow. That was a quick lesson to the girls not to sled face first!
As much as I would have loved to video the wrecks none of them turned out too great. I hold the camera until they start to crash, then I panic and don't film the actual wreck so that I can see if they are okay. Thus the reason the only videos that I have to show are simple ones of them sledding.
Here is a video I took of Grace sledding.
We will hope for a couple more days of good snow so we can sled again. Funny thing is that a few inches of snow warrants sledding to us. I was talking to family in Iowa and they don't consider anything under 3' to be a big snow storm. Wow, I can only imagine!
2 comments:
Whoo hooo that looks like fun! I love all the bumps/jumps down the hill. I love the little video clip too. Your Blog is looking great!
That looks like a blast! Loved the 'stories' of the day. :)
Post a Comment