
We had our family party for Olivia's birthday and I thought I would share a photo of her. My grandma, a.k.a. cake maker, made this beautiful cake for Liv. I tried to get a close up of the cake but my not-so-professional photography skills showed severely so I opted not to include that photo on here. It would have been cruel of me to butcher a well made cake with some bad imagery on my part!
I remember as a child some of my favorite cakes. The best one was a large flower pot filled with ice cream and topped with crushed oreo cookies to look like dirt. My mom put gummy worms climbing out of the dirt and edible flowers in it. That was the coolest! Then I had one similar to that of Liv's above but mine had a battery operated dancing ballerina in the middle. And when we ate the cake around her it revealed that she was a music box. Don't tell Liv, she wouldn't like to know what grandma used to do, lol. Now it's just Barbies in the middle, still beautiful and fun to have for a birthday.
1 comment:
That is such a neat cake!!! I would love to try something like that someday. Too bad I only have one girl to practice on for B-Days.
I am affraid I am in more much more boys themes like trains, tractors, trucks, equipment..maybe I will get lucky and I can make some kind of cowboy cake someday.:)
Post a Comment