We don't have much to review this week but here are a few highlights.
Liv has a few lessons in math left and then she will have finished her third grade year. We spent minimal time on her schooling this week due to the porch project. Grace and Hanna were eager to do school all week but we didn't get to it except two days.
I received our Spanish book for next year and it looks to be just what I wanted for their first venture with a foreign language, simple and fun. It isn't a complete course, but it teaches the most common words, phrases, and sentences so that they can immediately start to understand the language. I think for an introductory course this will be great. The girls already are getting a kick out of the flash cards.
I got notice that my RR order has items on back order so I get to wait another week or two for that to arrive, darn it :o(
On a good note, we are making progress on the porch and that seems to be our focal point. We have stairs, stair railing, roofing, and then painting left to do. I can't wait until this project is done and I can get back to focusing on the kids. They are living off of frozen pizzas and cereal while we are doing this, lol!
2 comments:
Sounds like a nice week. I think we forget that the school of "real life" is also an education.
you are so right. And the math she did while helping to measure and count boards is real life math! Hey, and cooking those pizzas for her sisters is home ec! I should give myself a little more credit if I look at it that way.
Post a Comment