June 17, 2008

Chicken Names

Here is my child story for today.

My daughter accidentally let the chickens out of the run. So she set about to herd them back in there. I am laying in the hammock reading a book as I hear her calling them, "here pecker, pecker, pecker. Come her pecker." I jolt upright and nearly tumble from the hammock. I asked her what she said and she replied, "I am calling them by the names I gave them. That one is Polly, that one is Checker, and that one that won't listen is Pecker." I asked if she said Pecker with a "p". She thought about it for a moment and then said, "yep, I guess it would start with a "p". At this point I am trying to hold back laughter. She had no idea what she was saying or how it could be misinterpreted. As I lay back in the hammock she continues to innocently call Polly, Checker, and Pecker.

How innocent they all are in the beginning!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny!

Unknown said...

Ha! That's funny! Jamie and I were in Salvation Army one time recently looking at movies for the kids. We found one called, "Beepers, Tweeters, and Peckers". It was an educational video about birds. He was horrified but hysterically laughing at the same time. He said, "you are NOT getting that for them!!!" We did end up getting it, and of course they have no clue about the implications... :)

Paige said...

This made me laugh, to funny!