June 10, 2008

Wordless Wednesday

Floating our homemade bark boat. It floated across the lake!

13 comments:

Skeller said...

Darling photo. What a fun project :-)
Happy WW a day early...

Unknown said...

I love the leaf as the sail. Did it make it?

Katy said...

Looks like fun! What a pretty spot!

Jones Academy said...

What an awesome idea!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great project! I might have to look for instructions on how to make a bark boat someday :)

Happy WW!

Amy :)

Lisa~ said...

What a sweet photo... I bet she was a happy girl after her boat floated!! Thats so much fun...

Happy WW~

Lisa

Mom2legomaniacs said...

Cool! What a neat project!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Looks like a great day for sailing. :) Happy WW!

Kelli in TN said...

Great job on the bark boat! What a great project!

Mama Peep said...

Sweet!!! I especailly like how she is wearing shorts. It is too cold here to go out without a coat never mind shorts....envying your weather....

Patricia
Happy WW!

Mamagistra said...

Great photo. What a lovely scene!

Debra

Nora said...

What a great project! Where did you get the idea for this?

Lindsey said...

I wish it was some brilliant, pre-thought out idea but in all actuality we went for a nature day to a mountain lake and we seen a leaf floating on the water. We decided to make a "bark boat" to see if it would float. We tried out several pieces of bark before we found the "good one". Then we started to work on the leaf sail to help it make it's way across the lake. We widdled a small hole in the bark for the stem to stick into and that held the leaf in place. It was all trial and error but this was the one that blew across the lake! It was fun.