June 26, 2008

Morning Glory


I have always loved flowers. When asked what my favorite flower is I struggle to narrow my list down. All flowers are beautiful in their own right, including weeds. My mom always taught me that a weed is simply a flower that grew in an unwanted place. Above is my pick of the day. This is morning glory, a vigorous vine. Not the wild morning glory that will take over your yard and cause hatred among neighbors upon seeing it not taken care of in their yard. This is a beautiful vine grown from seed that shows it's beauty in the morning. Thus the name "morning glory". I have these in blue, purple, white, and red. Of all the vines I have grown this one would make my favorite vine list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the cultivated Morning Glory is beautiful. Not the weed though. We are one of those people with some of it "binding" itself about. :-(
Beautiful picture!

What's with the gray shading on the print?