CLE Math: Grace (5) was introduced to subtraction. She loves school and I love that! Olivia (9) is adding fractions and doing great with it. Hanna (3) liked counting and grouping Lego's according to color.
Reading: We are loving CLE Learn to Read program. We are in the third book of it and Grace is moving right along. She can sound out most words at this point. Olivia is starting to enjoy chapter stories more and more. She prefers informational books over anything. She read some books on rabbits this week since she now has a pet rabbit.
SOTW History: The girls drew some amazing pictures of things from our stories. I wish I had taken a photo of them.
CKEB Science: We took our studies outside this week. We found a plant to be our specimen and we drew it. Then we labeled the parts to a flower. This was the school highlight of the week for them.




Thursday we took a field trip to a grass seed plant. They taught us how the grass goes from being harvested, to cleaned, to packaged. It was a terrific field trip. They even let the kids make their own mixture of grass seed to take home. They must have known that we had bare spots in the lawn!The second part of the field trip was to a frozen food processing plant. They were processing carrots and lima beans. It is an amazing process how they prep it for selling and make sure that all waste is usable in some manner. The kids' favorite part of this field trip was the hair nets!
Today we are off to park day with our friends. Hope you all had a wonderful week full of great learning!

3 comments:
You are doing great!
Looks like fun stuff!
Keep it up!
I'll add a few more explanation points for effect!!!!!!!!!
I love, love the flower drawings!! They did great on them.
And love the hair nets, lol. Sounds like a fun field trip. We went to the Mayfield Dairy last year and had the fun of wearing those there-hehe.
Looks like a fun week and I love the hairnets!
Post a Comment